US Market Activation Manager (NY)
Van de Velde
Van de Velde is an originally Belgian family business and expanded to a leading player in the premium and fashionable women’s lingerie sector. Our mission is to improve the self-image of women through fashionable lingerie and in-store service: ‘Dedicated to the self-confidence and freedom of women’. All the company’s attention is focused on building strong complementary brands (PrimaDonna, Marie Jo, Andres Sarda). This complementarity ensures that we are able to offer women the very best in terms of fit, figure-fixing and fashion in the luxury lingerie segment. In order to achieve this we’ve created the Lingerie Styling concept (fit, style and fashion). We have to be a sufficiently important partner for the specialist retailer on every market we trade on. We work closely with 5,000 specialty lingerie stores worldwide, as well as running our own retail chain (Rigby & Peller, Lincherie and Private Shop) founded on the principles of Lingerie Styling. Our geographical centre of gravity is Europe and North America. We recently added China, Hong Kong and the Middle East to that mix. Van de Velde is an ethical and social enterprise. Its plant in Belgium has been rewarded with the SA8000 label.
You will find the Van de Velde brands in the United States, on the one hand in the Rigby&Peller boutiques. They have boutiques all across the world and are part of the Van de Velde Group. It is a House of Brands that adds complimentary Lingerie Brands as to fulfil the needs of our target consumer. Our boutiques create a luxurious and reassuring atmosphere for our fit and style appointment, which are carried out by our expert Lingerie Stylist.
On the other hand we also work in close collaboration with independent retail partners that sell the different brands of Van de Velde. They are also supported professionally by Van de Velde in their marketing and sales approach.
THE VAN DE VELDE PROMISE: WE AIM TO HELP OUR CLIENTS LOOK AND FEEL THE VERY BEST VERSION OF THEMSELVES AT EVERY MOMENT.
OUR HISTORY IN THE USA
We started selling our brands through independent retail partners in the USA for over more than 10 years already.
Rigby & Peller officially launched in the USA in September 2015, after acquiring lingerie retailer Intimacy. We now have 9 boutiques in the States including 3 in New York (the flagship is on Fifth Avenue). Key business locations include: Atlanta, Boston and Chicago Metro. We also have a new eCommerce site (launched in September 2016) which ships throughout the USA.
For the USA market, with office in New York, we are looking for a dynamic and bootstrapping Market Activation Manager!
As a brand activation manager you will drive the overall traffic and topline development in US by delivering marketing support to O&O stores (R&P) in the USA, but also and increasingly to our wholesale retail partners through support of the sales force. The first focus is on the brands PrimaDonna and Marie Jo.
Your goal is to increase brand awareness for all consumers and convert as many consumers from awareness to sales and into loyal customers.
You will be translating activations campaigns for the US market, implementing the campaigns throughout North America, optimizing the results of the marketing investment and you will explain and support our sales partners in their local marketing plan implementation. Furthermore, you will increasingly focus on implementing global product brand assets over all channels (house of brands) at Own & Operated stores (Rigby & Peller) and at top retail partners, our brand ambassadors.
All of this to optimize overall sales at the retail stores, with a particular focus on sales and consumer loyalty for PrimaDonna and Marie Jo.
You will take up this role in a company that is continuously growing and changing, in order to build answers to the changing markets and provide solutions and growth for the future. The US Marketing Activation Manager is a new function within Van de Velde, so excitement about working within a transforming environment is key.
In this position your main results areas are:
• Provide input for global marketing calendar from US consumer and retail point of view, as to brand activation (the yearly brand activation calendar focuses on optimizing sell in and sell out at our retail partners and is in line with and a full part of our overall marketing calendar)
• Provide market feedback towards global marketing regarding consumer behavior and market development
• Implement and adjust global product and retail marketing assets within your local markets (e.g. brand storytelling, window concepts, POS materials)
• Build your network cross country with wholesale and retail partners and give advice to wholesale and retail partners on market activation material.
• Co-develop, implement and evaluate activation campaigns and actions, and provide feedback to global teams on impact
• Responsible for safeguarding of marketing support, marketing effectiveness, monitoring and steering towards retail stores and sales representatives, learning from the results of past activation campaigns.
You will report to the country manager USA and in a dotted line to the head of Marketing. The other Market Activation Managers (Europe and UK) reside in Head Office in Belgium. You will cooperate with them and make occasional visits to Belgium as to stay aligned on market strategy. Locally you will cooperate with wholesale and retail partners and with sales representatives across North America.
We are looking for a highly motivated & energetic individual with enthusiasm and a dedication to succeed:
• Energy, enthusiasm, pride in the brands, and a ‘can do’ mentality is more important than degree or discipline. A proven track record in sales and/or market activation (min. 3 years) will help you activate the market in a bootstrapping and entrepreneurial way.
• You are result-oriented, dynamic and combine a customer-oriented attitude with a hands-on can-do mentality.
• You have a proven commercial experience and a thorough understanding of sales and marketing techniques and mechanisms, in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of the US market in Lingerie is a plus.
• You are able to engage customers, store owners, sales representatives with our brand purpose. You show a great pride in the Van de Velde brands and know how to translate this to customers and partners.
• Experience in implementing and optimizing brand activation (or trade marketing) plans is a plus.
• You have good communicating and influencing skills and feel comfortable building and expanding your network all over North America.
• You are able to analyze impact of activation campaigns from sales force and stores, by differentiating between cause and effect, between essential information and details.
• You can work independently but also like to support an international team to reach their objectives.
• Advanced experience with Excel & PowerPoint is a plus.
• You are fluent in English.
• Preference for a dynamic working environment, flexible working hours and location. Service retail and sales partners across North-America, work together with the team in New York and Atlanta. Prepared to travel for work at least 50% of the working time, mostly in the USA, occasional travel to Belgium.
• To make a difference in women’s lives
• Great, young, enthusiastic and professional team
• Flexible work environment
• A lot of variation in different projects
• A job in fashion, with beautiful premium brands
• Opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic & flat company structure