Software Engineer (CA)
ABOUT OUR STACK:
AppScale is a Platform as a Service built on technologies such as Nginx and HAProxy for routing and load balancing, RabbitMQ and Celery for task queues, Cassandra and Zookeeper for data operations and storage, and Apache SOLR bringing search in the mix. AppScale is an easy-to-manage serverless platform for building and running scalable web and mobile applications on any infrastructure.
As a Software Engineer at AppScale, you will get familiar with established and emerging technologies in the area of cloud computing and distributed systems. You will work closely with like-minded nerds that write well documented/tested code and strive to always provide stable, high-quality software to AppScale users around the globe.
- Creating new products from whiteboard to production
- Writing awesome code and tests
- Doing demos on new features
- Seeing your code deployed in production and used by real customers
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Working experience with Python and/or Java
- Working knowledge of Google App Engine
- Familiarity with version control concepts and software testing preferred
- Strong inclination to clean design
- Burning desire to acquire new skills and/or improve existing ones
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience