Software Developer (BE)
Amoobi is a flourishing and growing company, looking for the best employees to help us facilitate a revolution in retail, by optimizing store layouts to customer behaviour. Amoobi is a leading international provider of in-store optimization based on customer behavior data, through the use of various technologies offering new data sources (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tracking, Cameras etc.) and our staff’s retail expertise. Our projects vary from concept store improvement, store estate clustering, customer service optimization, reason to visit efficiency, store performance check-ups, category review and many more. We provide not just data analytics, but add value by interpreting the data and helping our clients convert these insights into into strategic actions. We work with top retailers in Grocery, Consumer Goods, DIY and Electronics: Walmart group, Tesco, IKEA, Media Markt, Carrefour, Delhaize, Metro Group amongst others.
We have a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join a fast growing start-up. You will start as Software Developer and join an Agile team to face the challenges of new product development, based on innovative technologies.
Your fit with Amoobi’s culture is a key success factor to join the team. At Amoobi, we strive to provide high quality in everything we do. We reach that through our commitment to support our fellow co-workers and to deliver the best insights for our clients. Above everything, we focus on the team and our ability to progress together while having FUN. To apply to Amoobi, consider how you can bring fun to the team and help us deliver high quality insights, via an extraordinary commitment to the team and to our mission.
As part of the R&D team of an innovative scale-up company, you will be required to bring your creativity and new ideas to contribute to the development of Amoobi. You will be part of the growth of Amoobi and will contribute to shaping the direction of the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
The candidate should share our company values:
- Strong commitment to quality
- Team player
- Work hard & play hard
- Commitment to deliver
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor / Masters degree in computer sciences, or Civil Engineer, or with a relevant and provable experience in IT sector.
- 0 to 10 years of experience. Personal or open-source project participation is a plus if no professional experience.
- Team player, experience into Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of Java EE and Python3. Knowledge in JS in Node.js or front-end technologies is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of Linux, shell scripting, networking, configuration, installation. KVM, Docker, Ansible, Rudder, cfengine is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of SQL and MySQL. Knowledge in big-data infrastructure is a plus (Spark, NoSQL, …).
- Self learner, geek (as in technology curiosity).
- Interested by data analytics, knowledge of Tableau software is a plus.
- Oral and written communication skills: English mandatory, French is a plus.