SIMULATION ENGINEER (CFD) (CA)
Join a small, focused development team that contributes to our understanding of mass and heat transfer between our devices and the external world. You will be responsible for developing real world models which help us understand and visualise customised environments where our devices operate. You will be required to provide valuable insights to extremely rapid product changes and market forces. This means being able to listen to customer technical requirements.
The ideal candidate has a PhD in computational fluid dynamics, computational physics or related field with some demonstrable interest in biology or biological systems. We require no more than 3 - 5 years experience in the academia or industry. More experienced applicants will be considered.
Detailed Job Description
- Lead and develop parametric models/tools for various CFD analyses.
- Contribute to design optimisation based on CFD analysis.
- Lead hardware requirements efforts, especially related to fitting device into multiple verticals in the most efficient manner.
Experience & Additional Qualifications
- CFD simulation tasks around HVAC systems, crowded indoor spaces, aircrafts & related systems.
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following: ANSYS ICEM , ANSYS CFX / Fluent, AVL Fire, Star – CD, CCM +, …
- Simulation of multiphase flows in and around macro & micro structures. Some experience with experimental micro fluidics systems is desired but not required.
To conform to ITAR regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer; We hire for individual competence, retain on results, advance for excellence - no exceptions.