Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) (NY)
At Maisonette, we believe that beautifully designed children’s products should be easily accessible to discerning, busy parents with taste.
By approaching childrenswear with the same respect as womenswear and menswear, Maisonette has developed a single shopping destination that aggregates the best products from around the world
As fashion and luxury industry veterans, we not only deliver the most coveted brands, but also champion under-the-radar designers. Think Parisian boutiques, newly discovered talent, and world-renowned names — all in one magical place: Maisonette.
Founded by two Vogue power players, and hailed by The Wall Street Journal as “the future of kids’ style shopping,” Maisonette is a curated online marketplace for exclusive children’s brands and boutiques. Backed by NEA and Thrive Capital, we intend to become the global leader of a $300 billion market by approaching children’s goods with the same respect and focus on style that has been traditionally given to women’s and men’s. We have built a team of experts in their fields and are seeking additional rock stars to help us scale the business.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the Maisonette platform. As an early member of the team, you will be given huge responsibility and have ownership over the direction of our product. This is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a well-funded start-up only six months after launch, already growing rapidly through mainly organic channels. Reporting to the Director of Product, your job will be to develop a scalable e-commerce and inventory management solution that services hundreds of brands and tens of thousands of customers worldwide.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employee discount on the Maisonette website
- Exciting and dynamic office environment
- Supportive, collaborative, and hardworking team
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3-4 years of Ruby on Rails Experience
- Comfortable learning new languages
- Familiarity with Spree, Solidus or comparable Ecommerce frameworks and platforms
- Understanding of Object Oriented and Functional Programming, familiarity with Software Design Patterns
- Experience writing unit tests, working with github flow and working with CI systems
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and emotional maturity
- Understands what it means to be held accountable
- REST API
- Responsive Web Design
- Command Line for streamlined development (Git, Gulp, etc)
- Node a plus
- React JS/Knockout a plus