Senior Scala Developer (BE)
REstore is one of the leading energy technology companies specialised in Demand Side Management. The company offers Demand Response services to Industrial, Commercial and Residential consumers and offers cloud-based Demand Side Management solution platform FlexPond™ to Utilities.
Since many years, the company leads the fast-growing European Primary Reserve / Frequency Control markets and operates in all ancillary services and capacity markets in Europe. The company’s proprietary solution FlexPond™ is used by more than 200 of Europe’s largest industrial energy consumers, and a range of utility clients that include five of Europe’s top-50 utilities and grid operators.
Purpose of your function
Reinforce the Scala/Java development team to support expanding the business through new services and coverage of a wider geographic area. The development work will focus on the mission critical back-end Scala code of our patented FlexPond and FlexTreo platforms.
Your tasks & responsibilities
The successful candidate will be active in many parts of the code with principal focus on, but not limited to, back-end Scala microservices. Depending on the skill and preference of the developer, he or she will have the opportunity to work on big-data streaming frameworks, data analysis and visualization tools, machine learning algorithms, microservice architecture management, etc.
As a Scala/Java developer, you will:
- Have the final responsibility to deliver quality software with the highest requirements towards reliability and availability
- Take ownership of stories, starting from a high-level description by the product owner, up to validating the feature in production
- Work together with the development team, the product owner, business owners (…) to accomplish the above
- Take an active role in functional, technical design and architectural discussions
- Explore new tools and frameworks to adopt in the REstore technology toolbox
You have a proven industry experience as a Java or Scala developer (+5y), preferably with a track record of implementation in complex environments with high reliability and performance standards.
- Expert knowledge of Java is required
- Experience with functional programming is required (Scala, Haskell, Java 8…)
- Expert knowledge of Scala, or the intention of building up such knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Linux is required
- Knowledge of Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, AngularJs, Python is a plus
Master in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Civil Engineering or Applied Engineering (“Industrieel Ingenieur”). Other exceptional candidates with proven track record will be considered.
An opportunity to:
- Become part of a high potential technology company creating a sustainable energy market
- Become part of a high caliber team of software developers and data scientists, where your creative input will have a high impact
- Work flexible hours, divide time @Work and @Home