Retail Sales Analyst
Coty’s purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers’ beauty. Aligned to this is our mission – to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
We are one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Coty is a truly global player with over 20,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries in Asia, Latin America, Australia, Middle East and Africa, as well as Europe and North America and products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Our headquarters are in London, New York, Geneva and Paris.
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Functions of the Job:
The position is responsible for managing the reporting and analysis of POS information for the US Luxury Division to support strategic business decisions. The Manager serves as the key liaison for domestic EDI sales-related issues and ensures the maximization of the Luxury Division's use of available information. This position will work closely with sell-in, sell-thru, and marketing teams.
Specific Job Responsibilities/Accountability:
- Manage the collection, tracking, reporting and analysis of POS information to include: account sales, SKU and door performance and ranking, new product launches, inventory and any other special needs as identified/requested by management.
- Manage the tracking, maintenance and reporting of territory alignments and store distribution (new doors/closings/mergers & acquisitions)
- Create and deploy monthly retail sales targets to in-store sales force
- Coordinate and facilitate special projects
- Identify and manage required support and maintenance of existing retail sales systems in partnership with third party data vendor to ensure specifications are aligned with dynamic needs of the business
- Work closely with field sales and customer teams to ensure data accuracy
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work independently under general direction
- Candidate preferably brings experience within the beauty industry
- Team player
- Excellent project management skills together with the ability to work across functional areas (sales, marketing, operations, finance)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills
4 year degree
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strategic - Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
Business - Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
Leadership and Personal - Motivating others, development of employees, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
We are Coty – and our people make us who we are.
It’s important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you’ll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty – and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking – we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We’re quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you’ll expect it of them – we’re a team and we help each other. We’re all in it together – irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we’re not just here for the ride, we want to change things.