Retail Associate (NY)
Jacques Torres Chocolate
Jacques Torres Chocolate is committed to creating fresh, authentic and handmade artisan chocolates for all to experience and enjoy. We utilize only all natural ingredients of the highest quality so our food not only tastes better – it is better for you.
From cleverly named chocolate bon bons, award winning hot chocolate, decadently rich chocolate chip cookies to all natural ice cream, Jacques Torres Chocolate is proud to produce real food bursting with real flavor made without taking any shortcuts or adding any preservatives, extracts or “essences.”
Established in 2000 in New York, Master Pastry Chef Jacques Torres’ chain of chocolate factories and retail boutiques are his American Dream come true. In 1986, he became the youngest pastry chef in history to earn the prestigious Meilleur Ouvrier de France (Best Craftsman of France) medal in pastry. Fondly known as Mr. Chocolate, Jacques Torres combines traditional French techniques with his vast knowledge and passion for the culinary arts to produce luxe, creative and edgy chocolate treats inspired by the innovative spirit and energy of the city.
Jacques Torres Chocolate is quintessential New York.
Real. Authentic. Original.
TypeFull-time Internship, Traineeship, Employee
Jacques Torres Chocolate is seeking Full and Part Time Sales Associates at multiple locations in NYC.
- Providing excellent customer service, quality beverages and helpful, accurate information while assisting customer purchase of ice cream, pastries, espresso based drinks and chocolate products.
Required Customer Service Skills:
- Respect customers by providing quick, friendly and personal service.
- Accurately process transactions through the POS and give correct change to customers.
- Respond appropriately to customer concerns.
- Initiate suggestive selling.
- Maintain appropriate levels of personal hygiene and appearance while adhering to company dress code.
- Maintain high level of standards for all product preparation.
- Adhere to all company recipes and measurements.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customer cues and work towards fulfilling them.
Required Teamwork Abilities:
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and unusual events to keep the store operating to standard.
- Complete all required tasks and assigned duties before leaving a scheduled shift.
- Work with coworkers and management to effectively implement change.
- Communicate in a positive and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, commitment and understanding.
Display Initiative In The Following Areas:
- When no customers need service, actively engage in cleaning, organizing or fulfilling other on-shift responsibilities.
- Continuously review the store environment to identify and complete tasks without being asked to do so.
- Make effort to improve job skills, knowledge and education.
- Take ownership of processes and quality improvements.
- Contribute to a positive and healthy work environment.