Project Engineer (PA)
KTA-Tator is a 100% employee- owned consulting engineering firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection. KTA’s hallmark services include coating failure investigation, coating recommendations, and coating condition assessments.
Our Consulting and Engineering Services Department, part of our Professional Services Business Unit, has a tremendous opportunity for a Project Engineer/Consultant. This technical position involves coatings engineering-related services, including site specific condition evaluations of coatings and substrates, as well as the development of opinions of probable cost and maintenance painting strategies for major facilities and government organizations. Coating repair recommendations, comprehensive technical reports and written opinions are routinely provided as part of the above listed services. This position requires 25% - 50% travel and will allow you to work remotely (outside of KTA’s corporate offices in Pittsburgh, PA).
This challenging position requires big picture thinking and the ability to balance and prioritize the demands of multiple clients and projects. You’ll know you’ve been successful when within 12 months you have:
• Conducted coating condition assessments on single and multiple structures (bridges, storage tanks, pipelines, tank farms, etc.);
• Learned the KTA Coating Assessment and Painting Priority (CAPP®) data collection and computer software program;
• Developed opinions of probable costs based on one or more coating system maintenance strategies;
• Prepared proposals including scope of services, staffing, and cost components;
• Enhanced KTA’s industry presence through committee participation, technical papers, and/or delivery of presentations;
• Performed independent investigations of coating failures.
A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, polymer sciences, or related discipline is required. EIT/PE licensing desired. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of corrosion and coatings chemistry, API 653, and be bilingual (English/Spanish). SSPC Protective Coating Specialist certification, NACE CIP Level III, and/or SSPC PCI are desirable. Physical requirements include the ability to climb and work from heights, work in confined spaces, and travel extensively (25-50%).
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where employees are treated with dignity and respect and are valued for their contributions. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics. We are proud to offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package!
Our employees are dedicated to making each other, the company, and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in great and long-lasting business relationships. We provide the training, mentoring, and support to take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work with and learn from the best in the industry.