Production Supervisor (NJ)
Puratos is an international group offering a full range of innovative products, raw materials and application expertise to the bakery, patisserie and chocolate sectors. Our headquarters are just outside Brussels (Belgium), where the company was founded in 1919. Almost a century later, our products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world and, in many cases, are produced by our network of local subsidiaries. Above all, we aim to be ‘reliable partners in innovation’, helping our customers around the world to deliver nutritious and tasty food to their local communities.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment to be audit ready at all times by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures and developing timely corrective actions for all non-compliant situations
- Monitor the work of employees, provide feedback, perform coaching or counseling, development plans and maintain records of seniority, accumulated points, paid time off, training, etc for all union employees in the production department.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Communicates and coordinates between the different departments (quality, R&D, warehouse, maintenance and production).
- Establishes a strong safety culture in the team by participates actively in the safety committee; doing safety investigations; making safety reports; doing weekly safety toolbox talks, providing safety training; putting preventive measure in place to avoid safety accidents.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Reports the daily production KPI’s in the daily operation meeting, shift meetings and shift production score card.
- Creates and revises work instructions and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) by analyzing operating practices, forms of control and implementing change management.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintains quality service for both internal and external customers by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs or schedule preventative maintenance; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Foster a continuous improvement environment and resolves problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action(s).
- Proficiently manage the budgeted cost lines including labor, supplies, raw materials, in their corresponding software and or ERP systems.
- Resolves quality holds, mechanical breakdowns and safety accidents by initiating and leading Root Cause Analysis and using other problem solving tools.
- Initiates and participates in continuous improvement projects and best practices such facilitating of problem-solving; follow-up and implementation of 5S; visual management; LEAN projects.
Required education and job related knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of lean six sigma
- Bachelor of Science preferred
- Experience in continuous improvement is a plus
- Working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows-based software is required.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems: SAP
- Microsoft Office
- Up to 5 years supervisory experience in a production environment preferably in the food processing industry