Product Management Intern (NY)
This is a part-time internship. You are expected to work 20 hours/week from our NYC office in the Empire State Building. The internship will last for a period of at least 3 months, with the possibility to extend.
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. Over 2.5 million people around the world have completed over 100 million DataCamp exercises to date.
About the role
As a Product Management Intern, you will work side-by-side with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to help drive innovation and set direction for DataCamp’s learning and teaching products.
Questions you will need to tackle every day include:
- Which new products and features do our customers want most?
- What aspects of the product are most important to our customers and how can we make them even better?
- What are our customers’ biggest frustrations and how can we address them?
- How can we further scale content development by automating the onboarding and training of new instructors?
- Are we focusing on the things that will be most impactful for our customers and give us a sustainable competitive advantage?
Answering these questions will require you to:
- Coordinate and lead multiple user interviews every week, summarize key insights, and help to determine and coordinate next steps
- Perform in-depth usability tests to understand how customers engage with our products and what they are missing
- Perform quantitative analyses to understand customer behavior and preferences on a more macro level
- Collect additional product feedback via surveys, market research, etc.
- Participate in meetings with team members and other internal stakeholders to gather context, share insights, and build relationships
- Use the product heavily yourself to create empathy with customers
- Provide an extra set of eyes on all product releases to ensure our high quality standards are met
- Strong interest in product management, education technology, and/or data science
- Completed at least 3 DataCamp courses
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Natural curiosity and interest in people
- Some experience with at least one of Python, R, or SQL
What we offer
- A competitive hourly wage
- Free lunch every day in the office
- Work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing tech startup
- Get tons of hands-on experience and build a network
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.