Marketing and Copywriting FALL Internship (CA)
Badger Maps is a fast-growing startup that builds software to make salespeople more productive. Badger shows salespeople which of their customers are nearby and connects to their calendar to translate travel route to a daily schedule.
This internship has a curriculum designed to train the student in the building blocks of marketing. It’s important to note that candidates are not required to have prior experience with these skillsets, as we will provide exposure and training in each skillset. The internship activities include:
1) Content & Product Marketing - Generate interest in Badger using inbound marketing strategies to build out marketing campaigns. Includes writing blogs and landing pages, along with infographics, competitor analysis white papers, web pages, forum answers, video, and audio content
2) Competitive Analysis - Gather intelligence on our competitors and market landscape. Understand how Badger should respond to dynamically shifting marketplaces
3) Social Media Marketing - Working on Badger accounts on Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube etc. Learn to measure impact with Google Analytics.
4) Demand Generation Marketing - Learn to generate new leads and build outbound marketing campaigns. Learn to build and execute a targeted sales campaign. Communicate with prospects via email or Linkedin, learning to overcome objections, communicate value, etc.
5) Marketing Analytics - Work with growth technology at different stages of the conversion process, measure and track your results with analytics and other marketing tools to learn how a business measures growth.
The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications skills. Most importantly, a successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and will display resourcefulness and tenacity. The ideal candidate would want to take on many different types of marketing and start and manage their own projects. The Badger Maps Marketing Internship is a unique experience that covers a lot of different core skillsets in marketing, and candidates must be able to pick up complex, new skills quickly. This internship is best for someone interested in a career in technology marketing.
This is an unpaid full time internship, however, we will cover some expenses up to $500 per month for interns who are working on projects at least 20 days a month. We are flexible on dates that the internship begins and ends because different schools are on different schedules. Badger works with you to attain course credit when your University supports internships for credit.