Lead Automation Engineer (CA)
Yes, all laboratory tasks can be automated - all. The ideal candidate is passionate about automation and automating our entire lab R&D and manufacturing.
We are building next generation lab automated processes which work alongside human biotech developers.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in complex laboratory automation systems, integration of commercial laboratory instrumentation with customized hardware and software. You will guide the evolution of our data archiving systems and integrate same with our automated lab.
A strong record of successful delivery of high quality complex automation/software solutions. Genuine leadership qualities will help you thrive in this role.
Experience & Additional Qualifications
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Physical Science or Engineering or related field with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience integrating laboratory automation equipment such as liquid handlers, automated stores, experiment execution platforms, analyzers and robotics.
- Scheduling and modelling algorithms and strategies.
- Analytical skills necessary to plan for, design or enhance highly complex systems and programs, resolve problems requiring a comprehensive and state of the art awareness of automation and instrumentation.
Detailed Job Description
- Identify, architect, build and maintain Koniku’s laboratory automation framework for R&D, device manufacturing/scale-up.
- Identify contractors for 3rd party manufacturing that meet regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and contributes to hiring of new talent.
- This role reports directly to the CEO.
To conform to ITAR regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer; We hire for individual competence, retain on results, advance for excellence - no exceptions.