Junior Business Developer, North America
MOLECUBES is a promising scale-up developing and selling innovative preclinical imaging solutions dedicated to high-throughput research applications in the field of oncology, neurology, cardiology inflammation. Typical applications include better diagnosis and improved treatment of disease through the development of new pharmaceuticals. Our clients are highly skilled senior researchers in universities, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. After three years of operation, an install base of 15 top research centers and companies around the world witnesses our fast international growth. Fast adoption rates are anticipated worldwide as our high performance imagers suit any lab space. Our first sales and initial network in North America have been stablished, however there is a need for extensive business development because an estimated 35% of the market is in North America.
MOLECUBES is therefore looking for a candidate responsible for business development and sales activities of MOLECUBES preclinical imaging solutions (X-Cube, Beta-Cube and Gamma-Cube) in North America in collaboration with our International Business Developer Ewout Vansteenkiste and CEO Roel Van Holen, both founder of MOLECUBES. This project will be addressing the academia, pharmaceutical and biosciences markets. Candidates must preferably have experience or high interest in the sales of capital equipment in a research environment and be highly motivated individuals driven by leveraging their strong relationships within this community, by exceeding annual sales targets and by enabling innovation adoption in a competitive environment.
• Kick-off first sales in academia, pharma and biotech
• Open and develop a US office, most likely Boston Area
• Maximize key account potential within different market segments and expand scope to drive business growth in North America
• Get in-depth insights and knowledge of market from different angles: prospects, funding sources, competition, partners, etc.
• Build intimate relationship with customer stakeholders in order to be identified as Molecubes North America’s face of the company, this includes attendance to a series of congresses, events and workshops as well as frequent site visits in USA, Canada and occasionally overseas
• Develop, implement and manage sales and marketing plan for North America, present update quarterly and monitor on monthly basis
• Provide key input on financial and logistic forecasting
• Steer internal stakeholders (sales support, marketing, applications, etc.) in order to realize North America sales plan and objectives
• Support in commercially leveraging our first reference sites at UPenn and UChicago
• Negotiate and close deals as part of RFP processes
• Ensure payment terms as well as shipment/installation timelines are met
• Manage tactically and strategically the newly acquired accounts
• Keep a special focus on customer satisfaction
• Actively work with the global Sales & Marketing team to grow the business
Desired skills and experience:
• Energetic, results-driven with excellent self-organization
• Team player while very independent and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbally, group presentations)
• High sense of initiative in entrepreneurial setup with international HQ
• Mastery of English language, while Spanish or other languages would be an asset
• Willingness to travel up to 50% in North America and occasionally to Ghent, Belgium