Junior CFO (Chief Financial Officer) (SF/Remote)
We are a startup with big ambitions. We provide independent corporate finance and part-time CFO services for international companies with revenues between $2-20 million. We are actively engaged in strategically scaling our clients across 32 countries and are looking to train the right individual to assist us in growing the delivery of our services and products. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at an early stage and help grow and develop our organization to a high level.
This is a significant role in which you will help our clients create a strong financial foundation upon which to scale their business internationally. This is a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven position in an entrepreneurial environment. Although we are based in San Francisco this position can be done remotely if needed. Especially for the right person.
Our CEO will spend one-on-one time with you to ensure your success. He will engage with you at the early stages and equip you for more responsibility as time progresses. Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position. As such, we provide coaching and mentoring towards your goals.
You’ll work side-by-side with a small but highly creative, motivated team committed to making a transformational difference in the lives of our clients. Our team frequently works from our office in downtown San Francisco. However, this particular position can be done remotely at this time. The working hours are typically 8:30am to 5:30pm PST, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as we are more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time.
Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends which might happen a few times a year. You’ll experience a family-friendly culture, where values, intelligence, motivation, behavior and experience are highly regarded. Our best people understand the team and what we want to accomplish, they share our values and are driven to make a difference. This position entails minimal travel unless requested by the client.
You may be asked to work with our team to provide advice on both nonprofit and for-profit clients. With for-profit clients this would entail the following areas: investor relations, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, IPO preparation, and IT.
Key Responsibilities/ Outcomes to Clients
The Jr. CFO will report directly to the CEO of several high growth silicon valley based non-profit companies. Eventually, you will also report directly as a Jr. CFO of several for-profit organizations as they come along.
The Jr. CFO is responsible for acting as the strategic financial partner and advisor to the CEO. The Jr. CFO leads on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, financial planning, strategic plan preparation, cost control, forecasting needs, the securing of new funding, financial reporting to funders, and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization.
As Jr. CFO, you’ll be expected to provide the following services to our clients:
Strategy & Leadership
● Jr. CFO is the financial partner and advisor to the CEO, taking a leadership role to continuously establish metrics, analyze and review current and future business activities and provide decision-making information. On a proactive basis, discusses and recommends best courses of action to the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team.
● The Jr. CFO is responsible for hiring, building, and managing a team, including the Controller, and other Financial Analyst(s).
● Acts as liaison and advisor on the preparation of contracts and various other legal matters.
● Questions, coaches, and challenges the assumptions that are the foundation of the financial projections.
● Trains staff and raises awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
● Provides actual vs. forecast performance reports to functional department heads.
● Creates and provides the financial reporting to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
● Works closely with the Head of Development, COO, Head of Programs, and Country Directors.
● Provides investment analysis for new products and evaluation of new business models.
Financial Monitoring & Control
● Manages relationship with banks, philanthropic and other financing institutions to secure funding to meet the organization’s operating cash flow and future product development needs.
● Works closely with our CEO to manage pipeline review process and forecast updates.
● Completes ongoing cash flow projections and operating forecasts, reflecting latest revenues, product costs and operating expenses.
● Maintains laser focus on short and long term cash flow activities.
● Manages completion of the organization’s annual audit, sales and state audits, and annual Form 990 submission.
● Oversees services performed by outside accounting services, ensuring reporting is in compliance with accounting standards and other compliance requirements.
● Establish a monthly reporting system to account for revenue booking and invoicing, sales tax and shipping cost charges, tracking of deferred revenue, customer cash receipts and accounts receivable.
● Oversees the cost of products and services sold to include print manufacturing, product partner fees and royalties, ensuring all partner contracts are properly executed.
Qualifications Vanreusel Ventures is Looking For...
● The ideal candidate will exhibit a commitment and passion for the mission and values of Vanreusel Ventures, as well as its strategic vision, while also having the acumen and finesse to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
● Must possess integrity, exceptional judgment and communication skills.
● Must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external constituents.
● Minimum 10 years progressive financial and operational experience.
● MBA in Finance or Accounting, with a preference for a CPA, CFA designation.
● Effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
● Self-motivated with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
● Proficient skills in MS Office Suite/Google Suite, specifically in: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Drive.
● Flexibility in adapting to the growing and changing needs of a startup organization.
● Ability to work independently from a home office and travel when required.
● Opportunity to work remotely
● Medical Insurance
● Unlimited PTO
How to Apply:
If you feel like this position fits you, and your skills and you would like to apply, please submit the following
· Cover letter describing your relevant skills and why you’d be a perfect fit for this opportunity
· PDF of your resume (maximum 2 pages)