International Sales Manager (BE)
Turbulent aims to provide even the most remote communities of the world with reliable and affordable energy. We’ve developed a special kind of Vortex Turbine that generates low cost electricity, without the ecological impact, without large civil works, and without the high upfront investment cost. If you have a river, you now have power. Go with the flow!
So it seems we're up to something good as we went viral with our product video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiefORPamLU&t=1s) which reached over 100MM views over different platforms. We're sitting on a list of 15.000 validated leads and are receiving on average 1500 new leads every month. We're looking for someone to help us manage all these leads and convert them into real projects that help people. And, of course, we have the support of several VC funds that were interested enough to invest over 3MM euros in our growth plans.
If you didn't get it yet from the video, we don't make hydro green again by adding complexity. Rather we are making it more SIMPLE. A robust turbine that can be installed in every remote location, jungle forest, or Patagonian steppe and keep on working for years to come. And this without damaging the beautiful nature that can be found in these places. We don't cause floods, we don't kill fish.
By making this turbine resistant to sand, stones and debris, we also made it excellent as a fish-friendly turbine. This makes it also a great product to be used in Europe within the water framework: fish-friendly weirs and energy generating fish bypasses. If you join us, being able to see these kinds of opportunities is essential.
The Big Picture of your job
At Turbulent we design, develop, and install micro hydroelectric turbines. We focus on a new kind of turbine called the Vortex Turbine, which lends itself perfectly to Greenfield sites and rivers with a very low height difference. So basically, most rivers close to a village. We have already several turbines in the water and have been testing the technology since 2016 in rivers and irrigation canals. Turbulent is considered as one of the best sustainable innovators in its class, hence our search is for colleagues who are passionate about technology and innovation for the greater good.
As Global sales manager your job is twofold: you are responsible for sales in specific target markets while leading a small team of 3 account managers and setting up general sales structures and processes. You are needed to structure this team and will have the freedom to grow it as needed. You report directly to the General Manager.
We have chosen a sales strategy based on re-sellers. You will need to work with these technical re-sellers to formulate a market entry strategy in the long run. In the short term we’re looking for more projects and will be doing these together with these re-sellers to also test their usefulness as a partner.
- You lead a team of 3 account managers who are each responsible for a specific region.
- You develop successful sales strategies and processes and make sure they are carried out with long-term vision.
- You build and maintain long-lasting distributor and customer relationships.
- You forecast and track key account metrics and communicate these at commercial meetings directly to your team and higher management.
- You build up the sales team and will have to travel to distant lands to build these distributor relationships.
- You don’t scare away of an opportunity. If you see the possibility of an interesting project that doesn’t fit our target markets, but can estimate that it will grow the business, go for it. We handle an 60-40% balance between strategic projects and opportunities.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as sales manager in an international and technical B2B environment.
- Your focus is on the long-term vision and strategy.
- You can communicate easily and effectively on all levels (up to C-level).
- You lead the sales team from our HQ’s in Brussels/Vlaams-Brabant but you are prepared to travel up to 50% of your time.
- You are not afraid to travel to the rural areas of the world and are actually eager to visit these places.
- You have a strong interest in clean technology and you are eager to set up this exciting position with us!
- Because you end up in a start-up environment, you are flexible, independent and you have the potential to grow with the organization.
- You have a hands-on mentality and you take continuous initiative to realize business.
- You speak English fluently. Every other world language is a plus.
- Experience with re-seller networks is of course an advantage.
- You must be able to communicate at different levels: a great commercial insight is therefore necessary. You find it a challenge to convince governments and global players. You will need to communicate with Ministers of Energy, CEOs, ...
- You do not have to be an engineer, but technical insight and a practical mind are crucial.