Innovation Director (NY)
Fahrenheit 212 is a global innovation, strategy and design firm. We define innovation strategies and develop products, services, and experiences that create sustainable, profitable growth for our clients.
We are looking for an Innovation Director to join the Idea Development team in our New York office. We’re looking for someone with the ability to think strategically and creatively, and with experience and passion for developing and expressing new ideas and opportunities. You should be self-propelled by relentless curiosity, resourceful in scouring the world for insight and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You should have extensive experience generating powerful consumer insights, developing breakthrough innovation solutions and crafting new product concepts for Fortune 500 companies across a range of industries.
We have a team of sixty working out of our office in downtown Manhattan. Our office environment is open, modern and bright; our working culture is fast-paced, creative and collaborative.
As an Innovation Director in our Idea Development team, you would be responsible for:
- Leading the development and design of new product, service and experience ideas,
- Framing portfolio strategies based on strategic and consumer insight
- Stimulating and inspiring cross-functional teams – both internally and externally,
- Presenting key deliverables to senior executives with our clients’ organizations
- Providing strategic counsel to your clients’ senior leadership teams,
- Generating and converting new business opportunities with existing clients,
- Contributing to the firm’s new business and thought leadership activities.
You would have daily contact with executives at Fortune 500 companies, and as a result be exceptionally capable at rapid problem solving, and nurturing relationships with client partners. You would be responsible for working with cross-functional project teams within Fahrenheit 212 and working closely with Engagement Directors in our strategy team across all projects.
You should have a graduate degree, and a minimum of ten year’s experience working in the field of innovation – for an innovation consulting firm, a design firm or within a corporate innovation team. You should also have significant experience leading a cross-functional team and collaborating with clients and external partners. You should be a lateral thinker adept at uncovering the themes and critical pieces of information that can spark game-changing innovations. You should be self-propelled by restless curiosity, resourceful in scouring the world for insight, comfortable in a highly charged idea-centric environment, fascinated with changing the world, able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical. You should be the most creative and restless member of whatever company you’re currently working for.
You should be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Powerful Storytelling. You should have an intuitive ability to represent complex concepts in a clear, concise and compelling way.
- Engaging Presentation Skills. You should be experienced and comfortable presenting to large groups and delivering inspiring and engaging presentations.
- Creative Sensibilities. You should have an aesthetic appreciation, and ideally experience working with creative teams across a range of disciplines and deliverables.
- Diverse Experience. We don’t specialize in any particular industry or category, and as such you should be able to demonstrate a range of category experience.
- Inspiring Leadership Style. You have proven the ability to inspire internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of what they thought was possible.
- Contagious Passion. You should see and be inspired by disruptive innovation and transformational ideas, and be able to stoke the fires of those around you.
- Considered Opinions. You should be able to form thoughtful and considered perspectives, supported by both objective fact and strategic conviction.