Head of Strategic Enterprise Sales (CA)
Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Learn more in Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/miguelhelft/2017/11/08/with-36-million-in-financing-scoop-wants-to-make-carpooling-mainstream/
About the Sales team
At Scoop, we bring commuters together in carpools they’ll love by partnering with their employers across the country. Enterprise sales is our core go to market strategy, and we’re building a world-class sales organization of passionate sellers who want to be part of a quickly growing team.
The Scoop sales team leads the charge in bringing the Scoop Managed Carpool Program to new employers and communities across the country. The commute impacts employers in so many ways. Whether you’re a VP in Real Estate faced with the expense of building a parking garage, or an HR Executive struggling with employee turnover, the commute is a constant challenge. Rising congestion across American metros increases the urgency for employers to act.
From Fortune 50 companies to SMBs, every customer we bring on leads to better quality of life for commuters and a better employee experience. Our team brings that vision to life for employers, ultimately leading to real returns on their real estate and team investments.
In this role, you will:
- Be a foundational member of our sales leadership team
- Oversee a team of national Strategic Enterprise Account Executives
- Coach, develop, and motivate your team of Strategic Enterprise AEs to become top achievers and future leaders of Scoop
- Play a fundamental role in helping build and develop the sales playbook and narrative on a national scale
- Forecast sales goals and manage performance, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement
- Partner with other Scoop teams (e.g. customer success, market operations, and marketing, legal) to improve our go to market narrative and motion
- Have at least six to eight years of total sales management experience
- Have an established network you can call on at Fortune 100+ companies
- Have experience managing Senior Sales Executives
- Have significant experience running a full sales cycle
- Know how to navigate cross-functionally within an enterprise to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in, and close deals with VP and C-Level decision makers
- Have the ability to build a brand in a new market
- Be comfortable with traveling at least 25% of the time
- Are a charismatic seller capable of inspiring a buyer and organization
- Are a relationship-oriented and team-oriented seller
- Believe that having a great sales process leads to great sales results
- Are highly coachable and invested in your and your team’s professional growth, development, and career path
- Excel in fast-changing, high growth environments
- Are motivated by having a positive impact on the world around you
More about Scoop, our team, and our culture
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered - starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
Walk into Scoop and you’ll find a furry, tail-wagging welcoming committee. In many ways these fluffy faces exemplify the energy that flows through our office. They are a reminder that while we’re focused and driven, we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. They also help bridge the gap between our homes and our workplace, just like a Scoop carpool.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms - blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks and fast thinking.
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work - and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.