Head of Marketing (NY)
About Journey Meditation
Journey is building a supportive, inclusive community that facilitates growth and connection. We teach group meditation classes in local communities, organizations around the world, and through the Journey app. We’re currently in 13 cities and generating over $1m in revenue. We just raised our Seed Round from great investors, so it is an exciting time for us to scale our team, our clients, and, most importantly, our impact.
Our company culture is immensely important to us, and we look for people who will support and build it. We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We feel safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes. We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful, but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow. We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members. We are optimistic and see the glass as 3/4 full. We believe that the power of our mission and effort will allow us to flourish. We focus on strengths more than weaknesses and opportunities more than problems.
Journey is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier lives. We believe in the power of human connection, and that meditation is more impactful when done with others. We’re building the world’s largest meditation community, both online and off, and our next step is creating the world’s first group meditation app – think Peloton for Meditation.
We’re seeking someone to lead our marketing efforts across the company. You will bring Journey to life through all touchpoints - online and off, including experiential. You will engage new B2B customers, help create incredible experiences for our users, and support our work to build a product that scales. From brand discussions to reviewing analytics dashboards, from pre-sales to post-sales, you are able to drive success, engagement, and optimization for our customers and users through your broad marketing skills. We’ll look to you to bring both your intuition about what our customers are experiencing and your steady reliance on data. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who's ready to step up and lead a team, or has already done so.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Loves, loves, loves great brands - and believes that brand runs through everything a company says and does
- Is seeking an opportunity to truly own marketing for a fast-growing startup
- Often has a gut feeling, yet you also love to validate that with data
- Seeks to work towards making the world more humane, tolerant and whole
- You can’t help but think about customer journeys (it just makes sense to you)
- Collaboration is your de facto way of working - you love seeking input from others and working together to build things
- You have expertise in setting up and then operationalizing campaigns across marketing channels, including content marketing, paid advertising, email, and social media
- You’re creative and efficient with the use of limited resources, and love doing a mix of work yourself and finding outside resources (we think freelancers are great). Plus, you'll be empowered to hire vendors from day one.
- You love to experiment with new strategies and instinctively feel comfortable defining benchmarks and success metrics for new initiatives
- You are driven, know what you don’t know, and love sharing your talents with a team
- You are passionate about meditation and making a positive impact on the world
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. Journey contributes to a portion of the medical insurance premium, provided through Aetna.
- Work from Home. To provide flexibility, all team members can work from home one day per week.
- Vacation Days. Team members receive 3 weeks of paid time off and unlimited unpaid personal days off.
- Wisdom Money. Team members receive $1,000 per year to spend on personal development activities, such as meditation classes and retreats, as they see fit.
- Complimentary Journey Classes & Courses. Team members can participate in an unlimited number of Journey classes and courses.