Front End Developer (NY)
At Spate, we use data science to predict the next big consumer trend in food, fashion and beauty. For example, we spotted Turmeric before it was cool.
We’re two ex Googlers with a passion for using data to spot new patterns in consumer behavior, and we have made it our mission to build the world’s greatest consumer trends prediction platform of all time. And not just because we want to be trendy, but because we want to help brands get better at giving consumers what they really want. Brands waste over $200BN every year due to product launch failures and inventory waste. By spotting Turmeric, we were able to tell brands to stop wasting money on kale products and provide consumers with glorious golden milk lattes instead - because that’s what consumers want.
How do we do this? We tap into publicly available consumer data (anonymous and aggregated) to identify interesting shifts in consumer behavior. We leverage the latest available technology in ML to solve for problems in ways that have never been explored before. Think of it as Data Science for Sociology.
We enjoy a casual atmosphere, but our culture is about getting things done. We are passionate, yet pragmatic, when it comes to solving problems in a fast paced environment. Our standards are high but we thrive off of working with people we respect and can learn from. We’re flexible on work styles, as long as everyone is getting their work done - and getting it done well.
We are currently a team of 4 and we are looking for early stage employees. You will mainly be working with our technical co-founder (data scientist) and our back-end developer. At this stage, we have an MVP running and we are aiming to build a scaled self-serve platform in the coming months. You will be responsible for:
- Influencing product and interface concepts from their earliest stages
- Building front-end web application in close collaboration with the designer
- Integrating code with the back-end development team
- Optimizing existing features based on test data, analytics, or human insights
- Solve a problem that has never been addressed before by ML
- Join a well funded company that is already working with clients
- Work as an early stage employee directly with the founders to set the direction of the company
- Grow in your role/responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- And of course, always be on trend
- Experience in UX/UI
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular and developing web apps
- Experience with Python
- Share high graphics & visual design skills
- Worked with data visualization
- Excellent communication skills