Financial Analyst (CA)
We are a startup with big ambitions. We provide independent corporate finance and part-time CFO services for international companies with revenues between $2-20 million. We are actively engaged in strategically scaling our clients across 32 countries and are looking to train the right individual to assist us in growing the delivery of our services and products. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at an early stage and help grow and develop our organization to a high level.
This is a significant role in which you will help our clients create a strong financial foundation upon which to scale their business internationally. This is a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven position in an entrepreneurial environment.
Our CEO will spend one-on-one time with you to ensure your success. He will engage with you at the early stages and equip you for more responsibility as time progresses.
Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position. As such, we provide coaching and mentoring towards your goals.
You'll work side-by-side with a small but highly creative, motivated team committed to making a transformational difference in the lives of our clients.
Our team frequently works from our office in downtown San Francisco. Hours are typically 8:30am to 5:30pm PST, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as we are more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends which might happen a few times a year.
You'll experience a family-friendly culture, where values, intelligence, motivation, behaviour and experience are highly regarded. Our best people understand the team and what we want to accomplish, they share our values and are driven to make a difference.
This position is based in San Francisco and entails minimal travel unless requested by the client.
- Take the lead in working with multiple companies -- you will be accountable to clients.
- Present to and attend meetings with CEOs and Board of Directors.
- Develop forward looking models and financial analyses to support our clients as we develop new business and delivery models.
Ability To Do The Following
- Oversee FP&A, financial reporting and KPI tracking.
- Capital raising and communicate crisply with investors.
- Corporate finance - working along different capital structures and maximizing a company's valuation.
- Manage an audit process on a tight time schedule across multiple geographies.
- Develop a sound understanding of the core IT systems and software being used for managing day-to-day operations.
- Ensure strict application and compliance of company's financial and HR management policies, procedures & controls. Ensure regulatory compliance and 100% timely payment of various taxes and reporting.
- Train, develop and mentor the finance and accounting departments of clients.
- CPA, CFA Charter holder, or working towards designation.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience working in finance and accounting.
- Deep knowledge using QuickBooks (Online), Xero, INTACCT accounting.
- Must have experience handling all aspects of accounting.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with international offices.
- Attention to detail, coachable, clinical adherence to deadlines.
- Experience with non-profit accounting a plus.