Director of Finance & Business (100% Remote)
Close.io is hiring a Director of Finance & Business.
The Operations team at Close.io oversees the areas of Finance, Legal, and People Ops/HR. You’ll be responsible for the Finance and Business aspects of our operations and report directly to the co-founder and COO.
While our Operations team is small (just 2 at the moment!) we’re looking for someone who can potentially grow into a VP / COO role and enjoys taking broad responsibilities across the company.
Founded in 2013 we are cashflow positive with no venture funding. We are a fully remote team of ~32 people spanning across 11 states and 13 countries.
Ownership & Responsibility
- Company-wide budgets, projections, and updates
- Accounts receivableEmployee expenses, payroll and reimbursement
- Mail correspondence via virtual mailing system
- Business insurance and workers compensation
- City, State, and Federal point of contact for things such as registration, licenses, taxes, surveys, etc.
- Employee benefits such as 401k, HSA, medical and dental enrollments
- Asset management (laptops, monitors, etc)
- Documentation requests (income verification, visa letters, etc.)
- Coordinate with outside legal counsel (trademarks, ToS, contracts, etc.)
Our Operations Stack
- Gusto (Payroll, Medical, Dental, 401k)
- Quickbooks Online
- City and state tax registration sites
- Outside legal, bookkeeping, and accounting firms
- U.S. based
- Thrives in fully remote environment
- 10+ years of experience in banking, accounting, or similar financial background
- Experience using commercial & venture debt
- SaaS startup experience