Director Data Management (NY)
NGDATA is an energetic series C startup transforming the consumer marketing space. We've built a Forrester and Gartner recommended Customer Data Platform that leverages machine learning to continuously optimize and trigger, in real time, the most effective and hyper-personal customer engagement. We've got name brand reference customers live with 5x-10x targeting precision increases, a strong product and delivery team, and are rapidly growing our US operations out of NY.
As the Director of Data Management, your responsibilities will include Client and Delivery Management, Business Development, Consultant Development, and overall Data Management Practice Growth capabilities. This role requires the candidate to successfully integrate technology with customer business strategy, while also being technologically agnostic. Actively managing large and complex projects, you will be able to present in front of executive sponsors and prospects and spearhead the growth of the Data Management practice.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Client management through interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Oversee complex projects through the entire SDLC, and provide guidance to the NGDATA project team (i.e.: Project Manager, Technical Lead, etc.)
- Run executive steering meetings to present overall project health, key project metrics, handle escalations, etc.
- Ensure NGDATA project team has the correct skill set to successfully deliver projects
- As the Engagement Manager, demonstrate the ability to expand key strategic accounts into additional services, or even into different client teams
- Escalate to the NGDATA VP of Services when issues arise in a proactive manner
- Provide budgeting and staffing burndown details internally and to the client
- Run pre-sales scoping meetings with customer prospects to identify key business drivers, possible technical solutions, and deep dive drill downs
- Provide level of efforts (LoEs) for engagements in order to drive the SOW process
- Run the contracting phase with customer prospects, including constructing polished and detailed RFxs and SOWs
- Run SOW reviews with key prospect stakeholders
- Ensure that NGDATA consultants have enough direction on their assigned tasks
- Look out for ways to enhance NGDATA consultants’ current skill set, whether through partner provided training, workshops, etc.
- Ensure NGDATA consultants’ career paths and goals are aligned with the regional goals, after consulting with the NGDATA VP of Services
- Provide NGDATA consultants with career paths forward to ensure they’re aware of the growth opportunities at NGDATA
- Provide coaching and mentoring as needed
Data Management Practice Growth
- Ensure that the NGDATA consulting team has the appropriate set of skills required to service accounts
- Align training goals with sales pipeline and client activity
- Be proactive in understanding key staffing needs, and try to promote from within
- 10+ years in a consulting environment
- 5+ years in an Engagement or Account Management position
- Ability to manage project teams of 15+ resources at a time
- Ability to mentor and coach 4-5 consultants in an official capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing custom proposals, responses to RFxs, SOWs, data analytics advisory deliverables, and executive-level presentations
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle and quality processes
- Excellent understanding of market-leading data analytic technology platforms, roles, and trends
- Experience in delivering projects using the Informatica stack, or any other Enterprise ETL solution
- Experience with various DBMSs
- Experience with implementing or designing Business Intelligence solutions
- Experience with solution architecture, including Data Integration, etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions, including AWS and Azure is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree +