Design Engineer (CA)
Yes, all laboratory tasks can be automated - all. The ideal candidate is passionate about automation and automating our entire lab R&D and manufacturing.
We are building next generation lab automated processes which work alongside human biotech developers.
You are user obsessed. Your previous role demonstrates how you focused on, and succeeded in solving the user’s problem. Especially how you were able to a make physical device user friendly and unobtrusive. You made the user connect the device or solution in a fundamental way.
You deeply understand the power of a narrative at a visceral level, that understanding pervades your work. Your mindset is: “design that works effortlessly”. You can demonstrate an unusual degree of interest in biotech and biosystems.
You are able to design into industrial and consumer workspaces with ease. Strong organizational skills and the ability to synthesize vast amounts of new technical information into design concepts which tell a compelling story from scratch to finish. Creation of 3D/2D definition of parts, assemblies and installations.
Detailed Job Description
- Weave many strands of technologies from various teams into a coherent product which solves a problem and tells a story.
- Provide conceptual CAD view of upcoming products, oversee prototyping and help demonstrate those prototypes to customers.
- Further streamline internal development cycles for various verticals. Ensuring that design modules can be reused in multiple verticals.
- Prior experience in patent review and the patent process is desirable.
- Interface with external design teams to deliver on major initiatives.
Experience & Additional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in industrial design, art and design with some technical focus, engineering, physics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience in industrial design.
- Some experience in any of the following is valued: brand alignment or infrastructure design.
- Strong experience with conceptual Solidworks (or other CAD tools) modelling.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- You can interact comfortably with senior level executives from major firms.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You can work with constantly changing goals and really tight deadlines.
- You have a strong work ethic.
To conform to ITAR regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer; We hire for individual competence, retain on results, advance for excellence - no exceptions.