Customer Data Scientist (BE)
Looking to open-up the potential of data to everyone? Then join us. We are ONTOFORCE, a Belgian company and global market leader in the development of groundbreaking semantic search technologies. Our user-friendly search platform DISQOVER makes unique links between data sources, thus enabling everyone to be a data scientist.
We’re now looking for a talented and highly motivated Customer Data Scientist to join our Customer data team.
Our Working Environment
In the data team, we handle the semantic integration of data and the management of open, public as well as private data sources. Because more data means more and better insights. And that’s what you, along with us, can make possible.
At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile development environment, giving every co-worker a high degree of freedom, room for initiative and the possibility to assume responsibility.
The Customer Data Scientist's job description
- As Customer Data Scientist, you implement – along with your colleagues – the ETL and semantic integration of data for customer data sources in DISQOVER using semantic web technologies In other words, you extract, transform, load, link and map all types of public and private data.
- You are responsible for the customer interaction and implementation for customer project on the platform. You identify the best approach and advise customer on its data integration challenges. You translate their requirements into custom integrations and solutions.
- You provide training on the software to customers.
- To stay on top of our domain, you share your knowledge and collaborate closely with the software architects and other team members.
- You help us to continually optimize the ONTOFORCE integration ontology.
- As we work in a global setting with customers all over the world, you’re also prepared to travel occasionally.
The Customer Data Scientist's profile
A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science/informatics, engineering, bio-informatics, life sciences (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT or a related work environment.
- Experience with Life sciences-related data: drug development, omics, chemistry, medical... (or at least a keen interest in these fields).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and customer service compass.
- Experience of scripting (in e.g. Python).
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Proficiency in distributed version control software (e.g. git, Github).
A distinct plus would be knowledge of or experience with…
- Linked data/semantic web.
- RDF, relational and graph-based database technologies (SQL, SPARQL, etc.).
- Data management, data model and databases.
- Several development language (Java, Python, Perl, C++..).
People we love to work with are…
- Fast learners
- Result and solution driven
- Team players