Corporate Lawyer (BE)
Dexia invites you to partake in a new experience: manage a portfolio of good quality assets in the long term in a bank in orderly resolution!
A European banking and financial group and historical lender on the local public sector financing market, Dexia has since 2011 been pursuing a dismantling plan approved by the European Commission at the end of December 2012. Today, Dexia no longer has any commercial activity but is managing the outstanding balances of its customers and its long-term asset portfolio by protecting the interests of the shareholding States and guarantors.
To take up this challenge, Dexia recruits throughout the year candidates who have curiosity, a penchant for challenge and team spirit.
Joining Dexia means joining a company on a human scale, in a unique context, with the stakes of a multinational.
If you are looking for a task that makes sense, love challenges and share our values of cohesion, professionalism and adaptability, come and join us!
The Corporate Lawyer (M/F) will analyse a range of files from the legal perspective, taking into account the issues of Dexia and applying an approach based on risk management.
As certain legal issues arise in branches and subsidiaries, the Corporate Lawyer (M/F) will have to work in close cooperation with those entities, on the following aspects:
General Secretariat / Corporate law
- Participation in the legal secretariat of the Group’s companies
- In connection with disposals/closing/creation of structures and/or disposals/equity participations
- Drawing up deeds, official publications
Negotiations / Contracts
- Legal support for restructuring or divestment products in cooperation with other internal departments
- Review and follow-up of contracts concluded by Dexia
- Follow-up of and reporting on disputes, particularly in contractual matters
- Coordination and monitoring of relations with law firms.
- Post-degree training in law
- Significant experience in a bank or law firm (minimum 5 years)
- Good knowledge of the financial sector and the regulatory environment of the banking sector.
- Capacity to manage a wide range of files
- Proactive, autonomous, deadline compliant, rigorous
- Languages: Fluent in French and English. Dutch would be an asset.