Content Marketing Specialist (NY)
Hodgson Russ LLP
Hodgson Russ’s 200-plus attorneys provide business-focused U.S. legal counsel to clients in the United States, Canada, and across the world. We practice in virtually every substantive area of law and generally use multidisciplinary work teams to serve the diverse and often complex needs of our clients, which include public and private businesses of all sizes as well as governmental entities, nonprofit institutions, and individuals.
Whether you turn to Hodgson Russ for guidance through major transactions, representation in complex litigation, or advice on day-to-day compliance and general business matters, you receive the high-quality, sophisticated legal services trusted by a number of the most prominent companies in the United States. We have extensive experience assisting Fortune 500 companies with their legal needs — in fact, based on recent listings, we have represented 48 percent of the companies named in the Fortune 100 list and 31 percent of those on the Fortune 500.
To provide you with even greater value and higher-quality service, we combine experienced, innovative legal representation with a commitment to understanding your business, matching the right team of professionals to every matter, and understanding and respecting the many demands on your time, attention, and resources. The firm has offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo, and Johnstown, New York; Palm Beach, Florida; and Toronto, Ontario.
Are you a creative thinker, with a sharp business acumen and a strong command of digital marketing? Are you looking for an opportunity to surround yourself with smart, congenial, talented colleagues? We invite you to consider a great career opportunity with Hodgson Russ LLP.
We are seeking a talented content marketing specialist to join our busy Marketing & Business Development Department in our Buffalo office. In this role, you will be responsible for producing deliverables in support of the strategic marketing and business development objectives of the firm. You will coordinate and produce digital and print content, including graphic design elements. This role requires excellent communication skills, verbal, listening and writing. Strong initiative and persistent follow-through are also required allowing you to collaborate effectively with fast-paced, time-pressured attorneys to maximize their digital presence.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations;
- Three to five years’ experience in content creation, editing, analytics, social media marketing, search engine optimization and copywriting;
- Demonstrated experience in content preparation and management within the context of an overall marketing strategy;
- Ability to use social media channels to distribute and amplify an organization’s content, preferably in a business to business setting;
- Strong editorial skills including language skills and the ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, style and tone;
- Ability to create and present content that persuades;
- Strong project management skills, able to identify project components, steps, set timelines, deal with blockages, keep projects running on schedule, within budget and to quality standards;
- Customer-focused, able to demonstrate specific instances of extraordinary client service, including identifying and anticipating needs, delivering to expectations and follow through;
- Initiative, perseverance and creativity in meeting stated objectives, able to effectively problem-solve around challenges to achieve objectives;
- Basic graphic design experience with an eye for graphically pleasing design;
- Intellectually curious with excellent analysis and assimilation skills with a facility for identifying trends; and
- Competent in the full range of computer software related to the position including content management systems, CRM systems, MSOffice suite, InDesign and Photoshop.
We offer an excellent compensation package, including a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits including both a 401(k) plan and a defined benefit pension plan. You will have the opportunity to work with a great group of colleagues in a landmark building in Buffalo.