Business Operations Trainee (KS)
We are One. That’s the foundation of our company culture at TVH. We’re the worldwide leading supplier of quality replacement parts, safety equipment, and accessories for the material handling and industrial equipment industry and we’re growing our team!
We’re seeking a Business Operations Trainee to do a round robin rotation program at our Americas headquarters in Olathe, KS. As the Business Operations Trainee, you’ll work closely with various departments on various projects for TVH Americas. Essential functions for this role include:
Works closely with departments across the organization to learn and contribute to business objectives. Performs project related tasks designed to meet business needs in departments such as Materials, Total Source Services, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Returns and/or Human Resources. Learns about the functions and responsibilities for each department with the objective of preparation to assume a full-time position at the conclusion of the training program.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Support the full range of business activities from research and analysis to process improvement and project and task execution
- Develop and grow professional skill sets across a variety of departments
- Work with business leaders to learn the objectives and responsibilities of departments where assigned
- Perform a variety of tasks and projects designed to develop business based skills and experience
- Leverages analytical and critical thinking skills to complete assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in online and in-class training to ensure continuous skill development
- Learn and implement business legal requirements
- Participate in departmental activities
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
Knowledge and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and demonstrate a desire to collaborate effectively with others
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Demonstrates basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates an understanding of Google Mail and Calendar
- Ability to learn, understand and apply proficiency with web-based software navigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Administration or another relevant field for the performance of the essential functions of this job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Interest in business operations
Prior experience working in an office environment