Business Analyst (CA)
We're a small team of smart people who like working hard and having fun too, we released the most disruptive enterprise management software in the world: Odoo.
Odoo, Inc. provides a range of specialized and easy-to-use business applications that form a complete suite of tools to address any business need. Odoo gives millions of companies easy access to the software they need to run and expand their business. Odoo is the most installed business software in the world, used by over 3,000,000 users worldwide ranging from startup companies to large enterprises. Odoo's online offer is 3 times more affordable than traditional competitors like SAP and Microsoft.
Odoo has a strong international presence, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Brussels, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, and Gujarat. The San Francisco office was established in 2010. Since then, we've been growing tremendously.
• Take part in the functional consulting services we provide to our partners and customers in the North and South American markets. This role focuses on getting the platform of apps set up for a client that might not have the time or resources to implement a new system on their own.
• Analyze customers operations, needs, and business processes in order to map them properly with Odoo software services.
• Quantify resources required for a task/project. You can create systems which are then used by clients that want a product they love.
• Accompany customers in the full delivery cycle from software configuration to "go-live" and after as they grow (you hold onto your clients even if they are not active with hours or without).
• Coach customers on how to use Odoo efficiently through individual sessions in a way that best helps clients manage their own open-source system.
• Optionally, deliver Odoo functional training sessions on-site or online one week every 2 months to train end-users or employees coming from our customers and partners (8-15 people per session).
• Support the sales team during pre-sale with challenging implementations, analysis when working with clients, and in connecting with clients that wonder about the possibilities of Odoo
• A degree in either Business Administration, IS/IT, or Computer Science. We look for what really prepares people for working with businesses and their software
• Between 1 and 5 years of experience that in business-owning, client facing, analysis, software implementation (not coding/design), and/or a passion for a career in functional consultation
• Excellent planning and communication skills that will lead to long-term success with clients.
• Ability to learn fast and execute accordingly. You will take lead with important choices, such as how you create clients' systems. You can connect with your manager during weekly one-on-one meetings as well.
• An affinity with the IT world, that leads you to understand what an ERP is and what open source is.
Nice to Have
• Experience tracking hours: Clients purchase hours for their projects and Business Analysts at Odoo work through these hours with clients. We operate in an open way, so clients have access to a portal with how you spend hours and can give feedback with every interaction as well.
• Available to travel 3% of your time: For the duration of their consulting work with Odoo, the consultant will work mainly from the company office in San Francisco, but they will travel to client locations to provide on-site consulting services as needed by clients and by the decision of their manager (once they are ramped up and knowledgeable hopefully, as they would not have the support of a fellow colleague on site).
• You are able to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a hands-on attitude. Help us build Odoo into a great company!
• You are open-minded, agile, and can react to change quickly
• You are business savvy and are not afraid to take appropriate initiatives
• You are an autonomous learner as well as project manager that can hold your own with projects they are delegated
• You have a passion for software and businesses all over the world using our great platform that grows companies to new heights
• You understand things change, processes can be different in a month, and can work with leaders to train others
• You are approachable, honest, organized, and a fun team player