Assitant General Manager (SF)
Our story began in the spring of 2007 with a series of legendary ping pong parties in the Tribeca loft hosted by Jonathan Bricklin and Franck Raharinosy. The Friday night parties, known as ‘Naked Ping-Pong', quickly grew from a few friends to a few hundred - from artists and models to bankers and hipsters to celebrities and ping pong professionals, the diversity of the crowd fueled the fun and vibrant energy that remains the essence of SPiN today.
In the summer of 2009, SPiN opened its flagship location in New York City. From that moment, we have seen the growth of an iconic ping pong culture, lifestyle and movement, which has redefined the game to know no boundaries. It's a sport that connects people regardless of age, gender or background. It's is about having fun, not taking life too seriously, making connections and embracing contradictions.
Today, SPiN has grown into a global brand, with venues in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Seattle, Los Angeles and Toronto, with two more coming in 2018. Since our inception, we have helped steer the growth of an iconic ping pong culture, lifestyle and movement, which has redefined the game to know no boundaries. Our vision is to inspire and connect people through ping pong while celebrating creativity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Our story is just the beginning as the movement continues to spread. We are united by ping pong. We are SPiN.
The Assistant General Manager must have previous management experience in the restaurant/hospitality/entertainment industry and have experience in catering and events. The Assistant General Manager must also have superior customer service and interpersonal skills, along with strong communication skills.
- Provide positive leadership and accountability for millions a year sport-based entertainment venue.
- Drive sales and revenue in food service/activity based environment utilizing superior floor management and interaction with team.
- Coach and develop front line employees.
- Conduct regular performance management reviews with employees holding team accountable for results.
- Learn and execute back office role of location General Manager including cash management and perform all necessary duties in when General Manager not present.
- Create effective work schedules and monitor labor usage for the location while complying with State and Federal labor regulations.
- Ensure consistent execution of corporate events as scheduled, monitoring guest satisfaction and good presentation and staff interaction.
- Must quickly comprehend the complex relationships of walk-in traffic, corporate events, club members and league participants, modulate expectations and ensure a positive experience for all.
- Work productively and help oversee other members of location management team: Chef, Event Sales, Floor Managers, etc.
- 3-4 years’ experience in restaurant/hospitality/entertainment management required.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in catering and events execution along with functional understanding of food service and kitchen operation, comfortable monitoring food and beverage cost of sales.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.