Accounting Assistant (NY)
The Cookware Company
The Cookware Company is a dynamic, international company striving to establish a global leadership in housewares and consumer goods. Our strength is an unrivalled reputation for innovation, quality and customer service. We offer a truly international work environment. Our headquarters is located in Belgium, one of our major offices is located in New York, and we have subsidiaries in Jiangmen, Tokyo, London and Hong Kong. We have customers all over the world (over 90 countries) and we employ over 4000 people covering the whole process from the production, to the distribution and marketing and sales. Taking the lead with the latest ecological techniques determine our position in the market.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing accounting and administrative duties. You will support our business growth and accounting department by processing invoices, transactions, expenses as well as updating our accounting database. This position will give you the opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge and experience.
• Process invoices and daily transactions and expenses
• Perform administrative support functions
• Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports
• Handle day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Associate's Degree in Accounting or a related field of study
• 1-3 years' of experience working in Accounting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word