J-1 Application: Required Documents
Once you have secured an internship or traineeship with a host company, you will need to collect some documents required to apply for your U.S. visa. Please note that your Host Company must have joined BelCham at the Business Membership level or higher to host you as an Intern or Trainee.
Documents will be submitted on the J-1 Internship & Traineeship Application Form.
PLEASE NOTE: All documents should be saved and submitted in .PDF format.
PLEASE NOTE: All documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by an English translation. An online translation service may be used.
Documents to Complete in Advance
- Copy of proof of medical insurance. Instructions Here
- Language proficiency certificate. Please upload any recent proof of English competency level. Applicants without sufficient proof of competency will be required to have a phone/Skype interview.
- Financial security statement. Instructions Here, be sure to save all required financial documents in one .pdf file.
- BelCham Young Individual membership transaction ID. Transaction ID is located in your membership confirmation email from the BelCham Member Manager.
Other Required Documents
- A copy of the first 10 pages of your passport (even if blank)
- Two separate letters of reference/recommendation from previous employers or university/college (must be signed, dated within the past 12 months, and on letterhead)
- Your most up to date CV/resumé
- A copy of your higher education degree or a professional certificate –OR- a statement of enrollment if you are still a student
For Married Applicants
- A copy of the marriage certificate
- Proof of health insurance for your spouse
- A copy of the first 10 pages of your spouse’s passport
Questions? Please contact us.